Mr. MacLean is an Architect, Educator and licensed Builder who began his career as a Project Manager with a number of large Architectural firms in Boston before he started his own firm, Timeless Architecture in 1988. He has been promoting and teaching Green Design for 30 years, starting with the Boston Society of Architects, where he served as co-chair of the Committee on the Environment (COTE), a sub-committee of the BSA that promotes sustainable design in the New England Region. He has taught and developed ongoing curricula at the Boston Architectural College, Sustainable Design Institute and Master’s program.
Henry lectures frequently in New England conferences organized by such as the Boston Society of Architects, Northeast Sustainable Energy Association, Boston Area Solar Energy Association, Kripalu Yoga Center, Timber Framer’s Guild and the American Society of Dowsers, and served on the faculty of Wentworth Institute of Technology. His work has been published in the Boston Globe, Architecture Boston Magazine, Preservation Magazine, Builder Architect Magazine, Cape Cod Islands Home and the Milton Times.
His office has been located in Milton, MA since 1997 where he's been an active member of Sustainable Milton and served on the Town of Milton's Alternate Energy Committee.
Timeless Architecture has established a Collaborative Design arrangement with a number of Independent Consultants, Designers and Engineers for projects that require a team effort, or specific skills that they individually bring from their rich professional and personal backgrounds.
- The Boston Society of Architects
- The American Institute of Architects
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Sustainable Milton
- Mass Climate Action Network
- Green Energy Consumers Alliance
- Boston Area Solar Energy Association
- Boston Architectural College
- Wentworth Institute of Technology, Architecture Program
- UMass Environmental Design
- Energy Federation
- Mass Save
- Solar Design Associates
- Building Science Consulting
- The Green Roundtable
- Vermont Green Building Network
- Registered Architect, Massachusetts #7873
- LEED for Homes Pilot Demonstration
- Energy Star Homes Certification
- LEED for New Construction
- BSA Sustainable Design Award
- Zero Net Energy Homes, NESEA
- Certified Construction Supervisor
Links to Key Resources