This project included a major renovation to the existing main house on the property that was originally built by Roger Sumner in 1678, one of the three oldest extant houses in Milton. The work involved the complete renovation of the existing kitchen, a new front entry, a new enclosed back porch family room, and 4 new bathrooms, including a new master bedroom and bathroom suite renovation.
The shell of the main house was also fully restored and insulated with blown in expanding foam insulation from the band joists up to and including the existing rafters. A master plan including the transformation of the original south facing porch into an artist studio and family room for the home was included in a dynamic re landscaping of the home including new drainage and driveway.
The project was published for a cover story in Builder Architect Magazine in August 2007 along with its sister project, a New Cabana.